Designated Contact Points
United Nations Climate Change Conference
Heidelberg University has observer status, which means that it has been admitted by the Conference of the Parties (COP) as observer to the UNFCCC.
The Heidelberg Center for the Environment (HCE) is the designated contact point for the university. Each year our center selects a delegation of experts to send to the COP. Depending on the yearly budget, the HCE may support a number of delegates to participate in the conference.
Conditions for participating
- be a member of the Heidelberg Center for the Environment
- proven track record and prior knowledge about high level climate negotiations
- if approved by a supervisor and by UNFCCC staff, a delegate may attend the conference for data collection purposes (i.e.,interviews, participatory observations etc.)
- ability to support part of the costs associated with the conference
Expression of interest
- interested candidates may signal their interest in attending the COP by sending a one page statement to
- expressions of interest need to come as early as possible during the year
- the applications will be evaluated by the HCE Office and by our head of delegation, Dr. Maximilian Jungmann